Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Considering a move

Not from my house or anything.  It's a bigger decision than that.  I'm thinking of moving my blog to Word Press.  I have no issues with Blogger at all.  I've heard some complaints here and there about it.  I've also heard some complaints about Word Press.  Why am I considering the move?  Because there's an app for that.

There's an iPhone app for Word Press, but not one for Blogger.  I've tried to blog from my iPhone, but for some reason Blogger doesn't work well on it.  I have no idea why that happens either.  I can create a new post and title it, but I can't actually write anything.  It makes no sense to me.  I write all of my posts on my MacBook in Safari.  I use Safari on my iPhone.  But for some reason, it just won't work.  I would like the option of being able to blog from anywhere.  There are days at work when I could blog at lunch or when the computers are down.  I would like to be able to blog from a road trip while Ronnie is driving.  I just can't do any of that with Blogger.

I haven't decided yet.  I'm still in the research phase of this decision.  I want to see if I can move everything successfully to Word Press and if I can create a blog that looks appealing to me.  I've already secured my blog name, and that won't change.  If I do move, I'll still be SciFi Mama.  Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Jenn said...

The freedom to be able to post anywhere does sound appealing.

C. Beth said...

Honestly, part of me wishes I were on WP. But I've heard the switch can be a headache, so I doubt I'll ever do it. If you can't find a way to do mobile posts with Blogger though, it might be worth it. I think Minnemom made the switch awhile back; you could ask her about the experience.