Friday, July 16, 2010

Creative Gas Mileage

I was filling up my van this afternoon and thinking about what kind of mileage a mini van gets.  Definitely not as good as Ronnie's Accord.  But I love my van and I don't want to give it up.  I may cringe when I fill it up, but I still love to drive it.  I could do the regular math involving miles driven and gallons used.  That would be easy. 

Or, I could use some creative math.  My van has a nifty feature with the clock.  I can see how long the van has been on since I last reset the counter.  I reset each time I fill up the van.  I don't want to tell you how many miles I got to the last tank, but I can tell you I got 8 hours and 25 minutes to the last 14 gallons.  When I look at it that way, I get pretty good mileage.

2 comments:

Bri said...

what kind of van? we have an odyssey and I think we get pretty good gas mileage when I can drive from Iowa to Ohio on one tank of gas :) We NEED a van for as many kids as we have and I love it... I wouldn't trade it for any other car. I am even thinking I may want the same for my next one :)

SciFi Mama said...

Bri- I have a Kia Sedona. The gas mileage is great on the highway. Unfortunately, the majority of my driving is done in rush hour traffic around town.