Sunday, May 23, 2010

Wreck This Journal

Have you discovered this book yet?  No?  Check it out here.  I picked it up the other day when I needed a stress reliever at work.  Now it happily sits on my desk waiting for me to wreck it.  I must say, it goes against everything I believe in with a book.  I don't even turn down the corners of the pages, much less break the spine.  But, the book does instruct me to break the spine so I tried.  I didn't do a very good job, but I can keep trying.  Here's what my book looks like to start.

All nice and clean and pretty.


That's my actual book, propped up on my desk at work. When I need a little break, I just open to a page and do what it says.  So far I've numbered the pages, written out a few negative thoughts, and tried to break the spine.  There are suggested materials you can use in the book.




And there's a few instructions.


I won't carry the book everywhere with me. It sits on my desk patiently waiting for me.  There are a few things I can't do with the book at work.  Things like take it in the shower and sleep with it.  After I do everything I can at work, I'll bring it home to finish it out.  Expect to see some updates on here as I destroy the book.  I have to admit, it's a lot of fun!

2 comments:

C. Beth said...

What a cool book! I am someone who likes breaking the spines of books so I'd have no problem with Step #1. :)

Amy said...

You always seem to find the neatest stuff! :o) Enjoy wrecking the journal!