Friday, February 12, 2010

My Little Geek

We're sitting on the couch watching the snow when Paige decides she wants to play telephone.  Very high tech game here.  I hold my pinky and thumb to my ear to make a phone as I say "ring, ring" and Paige answers my iPhone.  I ask who I'm speaking to, and she says "The Doctor."  The way she said it I immediately thought of The Doctor.

Paige asked me how she could help me.  I told her we had Daleks in the kitchen.  She didn't bat an eye.  I asked her if she could come over with her sonic screwdriver and get rid of them.  She got it from her toy box (to the untrained eye it just looked like a View Master) and went to the kitchen.  I heard a few noises and she comes running back saying she got rid of them.

That was fast.  She was faster than The Doctor when he gets rid of them.  And unlike David Tennant, Paige says they are gone for good.  I can only hope.  Daleks aren't nice.  And for the record, I am a fan of David Tennant, and am reserving judgement on the new Doctor.  I will say he's not nearly as cute though.  There should be enough links in here for the non-SciFi readers to understand what I just said.

No comments: