Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Taxes, Mardi Gras, and a sick little girl

The title about sums up my life these days.  First, it's tax season.  I know all of you getting your tax refunds and spending them are enjoying this season.  As an accountant, yes and no.  This is our busy season, which I enjoy.  There have been weeks last year where I've searched for things to do.  That's definitely not the case here.  I've been working 10 and 12 hour days, 6 or 7 days a week, and I'm still not even caught up.  The stack on my desk is getting smaller, but it's still there.

Mardi Gras is this coming weekend.  Ronnie and Paige will be making the annual trip to New Orleans without me again this year.  I did get to go 2 years ago, but I usually miss it.  Why do I usually miss it?  See the above paragraph please.  I'm very jealous this year that I can't go.  You see, I've made some good friends on a Mommy board.  Some of them will be coming in from places like Houston and New Hampshire (I think- I know it's somewhere up there) to New Orleans for Mardi Gras this year.  Ronnie and Paige will get to meet them, but I won't.  And yes, I do find it odd that my husband gets to meet the girls from the Mommy board before I do.

Finally is a sick little girl.  Ronnie got the call from daycare yesterday that she had thrown up.  After a few more episodes last night she's all better now.  Of course, she can't go to daycare today.  Ronnie and I are switching off the day: I'm home the first half and he'll be home after lunch to relieve me.  I'll be working late tonight to try to get caught up.

2 comments:

C. Beth said...

I hope April 16 arrives very quickly for you.... And tell Paige to get well soon!

Angela said...

Beth- I'm looking forward to April 16th too! Mainly becaue it's my birthday. :)