Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I'm going to see Kim!!!

Well, Paige & I are going to see Kim. She's been my best friend for more years than I would like to admit to. Probably about 25 years or so. Yeah, that sounds about right. Her husband is in the Army, and they're stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC. We see each other when we can, but it's not nearly often enough for either of us. I haven't seen her since New Years Day, 2008. She just bought tickets for me and Paige to fly out there for Labor Day. We'll leave that Thursday morning and get back on Labor Day. No idea what we'll do while we're there. Maybe go to Myrtle Beach for a day or 2 or something. We'll have to see. All that matters is that we're going to see Kim and her girls, my Goddaughters, Gabrielle (AKA Mini Angie) and Julia.

On closer to happening news, Paige has been sick. I got that dreaded call from daycare yesterday. "Hi, Angie. It's Ann. Um, Paige is running a fever of 102.5. Can you come get her?" Ronnie was off yesterday, so he got her and spent the day with her. Today is my turn. Her fever comes and goes. When it stays at 101 or less I don't give her anything for it. I let the fever do it's job. When it suddenly goes from 100.8 to 102.2, that's when the Motrin comes out. Other than no appetite and running a fever, she's doing OK. She did throw up some yesterday, but that seems to be over. And the couch is glad. Ah, just another reason why we bought a cute but cheap couch.

1 comment:

C. Beth said...

Yay! I hope you have a great time! Poor Paige. :( Hope she's better very soon.