Sunday, September 28, 2008

Daddy's Girl

In case there was ever any doubt, Paige is most definitely a Daddy's Girl. Today just really hit the point home. I heard Paige ask for Mommy on the monitor so I knew she was up from her nap. I went in to get her like a good Mommy.

Paige, "Mommy, there's something on your shirt."
Mommy, "Yes, Paige. There's something on my shirt."
"I don't know, Mommy." Little hands in the air.
"It's chocolate."
"It's chocolate!" Her eyes get big.
"Yes, Mommy is making Paige cookies."
"Cookies for Paige? Mommy make cookies?"
"Yes, Paige. Mommy is making cookies for you."
"I love you, Mommy!" As she throws her arms around me for a big hug.
"I love you to, my Paige."
"No, not Mommy's Paige. I Daddy's girl!"


Well, at least I'll have monster cookies to console myself with, right?

No comments: