Monday, September 15, 2008

That's a good Daddy

We've hit the Why stage. I knew it would happen sooner or later. Well, it hit full force last week. I refuse to give Mom's standard answer "Because I said so." That means I have to come up with some answers. Here's our conversation driving home from daycare:

Paige, "Where Daddy?"
Mommy, "Daddy's at work."
"Why""
"To make money."
"Why?"
"Daddy has to make money to buy Paige new shoes."
"Oh."

She had to think about that over. In case you don't know Paige has a serious shoe fetish. A minute later I hear from the backseat:

"Daddy works to make money to buy me new shoes?"
"Yes, Paige. Daddy goes to work to make money so you can have new shoes."
"OOOOHHHHH! That's a good Daddy!"

1 comment:

C. Beth said...

Ha! Yes, a very good daddy!

So he did get a new job?