Monday, September 22, 2008

Halloween is coming!

It's almost the end of September and our temperatures have dropped below 90. That must mean Halloween is fast approaching. And I can't wait. It's one of Ronnie's favorite holidays. Our house doesn't really get many trick or treaters, but we go all out for Paige. Last year we dressed as Jedi. Paige was the perfect Yoda. Ronnie & I dug our Jedi robes from the back of the closet and off we went.

This year Paige gets some say in what she wants to be for Halloween. Maybe we'll tell her soon what she's going to be. We don't think there will be any problems. Paige will be Bob the Builder, I will be Wendy, and Ronnie will be Bob's Dad. Paige's costume is pretty easy. They do make a Bob costume, but we just didn't like it. It looks too plasticy and cheesy. So, we're making it. We found material that closely resembles what Bob wears, so Grammy is making us a shirt. Add some overalls, boots and the Bob the Builder tool belt from Target, and we're done. The tool belt even came with a hardhat. Our costumes are just as easy to put together. Grammy even had the red button earrings that Wendy wears!

I'm one of those mom's that goes all out for things at daycare too. I'm sure the other moms roll their eyes when they see the goody bags I put together. I just finished the ones for the Halloween party. I started with cups, and filled the bottom with spider webs. I then added mini Play Doh, bubbles, spider ring, foam stickers (cat, bat, pumpkin, ghost) & 2 pieces of candy. I put it into a goody bag, and tied it with Halloween ribbon, adding a name tag to each bag.

Ronnie will probably have to work Halloween night. Both of us will be attending the daycare party. We can dress up and help with taking the kids trick or treating. Our daycare is located in a cul-de-sac. For weeks before Halloween they collect candy from parents, and take it to the businesses in the cul-de-sac. The kids then go trick or treating for the candy. Of course there's always a party too. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.