Friday, November 28, 2008

It must be love

Why else would I go to Walmart at 4:30 this morning? Last year was my first time to hit the Black Friday sales. Kim is such a bad influence on me, still. She and I made a full morning of it last year. This year, it was just me. There are 3 stores I want to go to: Michael's, Walmart & JC Penney. Ronnie has to work today so that makes it a bit difficult to manage the shopping with Paige.

Michael's opened yesterday 6pm to 9pm. I did my shopping then. Paige stayed home with Ronnie & I went to Michael's. I got more scrapbooking stuff. Everything I got was 50% off, plus my coupon for an additional 20% off my entire purchase. I did pretty good.

Walmart had a Kitchenaid stand mixer for $130 starting at 5am today. Ronnie has wanted one for years. Literally for years. We've just never been able to afford the $250 price tag for a mixer. For $130 he can have it as an early Christmas gift. Mainly since it's the only gift he'll be getting this year. I got there at 4:30. People were already grabbing the smaller items and throwing them in their buggy. There was no way for me to get a buggy through the crowds. I grabbed the 2nd to last Kitchenaid, made my way to the back to get a gallon of milk, then checked out. I was home and back in bed by 5:25! I was able to walk through the checkout. Everyone was still arguing over the $88 Barbie Jeeps. That place was an absolute madhouse!

JC Penney has some good sales tomorrow and some nice coupoons in the paper today. If I go, I will wait and go tomorrow. There's some nice boots half price, and some not too thick sweaters for only $9. That's my kind of shopping!

Who else braved the Black Friday crowds? What good bargains did you get? I'm off to get more caffeine.

4 comments:

*Monica said...

I stayed home, but Jennifer does it every single year. Good Job on the mixer..he will be thrilled!!

C. Beth said...

Got some good stuff--a big tool chest thing with lots of drawers for The Engineer was the biggest item. I finally got an mp3 player (I know, welcome to the 21st century) and a couple of pairs of jeans that fit great--well-fitting jeans are enough to make any girl happy! We got some bargain movies and a video game for The Engineer and a couple other random things. I guess we got a lot!

Jenny B said...

I'm getting ready to update my blog with my deals but I wanted to let you know I have the KitchenAid and LOVE IT! I have the stainless steel one even though I probably only use it a few times a year, it's well worth it.

Special K said...

I love love love my $100 Kitchenmaid mixer my husband got one year. I love it! Yeah for shopping! I hit Walmart- it was a zoo! The boxes for the Barbie Jeeps were so big, I saw a lot of people having trouble getting them into their enormous SUV's.