Monday, February 2, 2009

Picture & More Crazy Cats

First, the picture. It's not the best picture of my Dad ever. He had literally just gotten out of the hospital after about 2 1/2 weeks. They left the hospital and drove straight to the studio.


Paige looks so tiny there! At the time I remember thinking how big she was.


I've already told you about R2 and his late night playing of the Elmo theme song. Seems he wasn't the only kitten busy last night. K9, Ronnie's cat, never came in last night. I was a bit worried about him, but let it go. After all, he's a cat and may not come in every night. This morning I went to the door to let him in, but no K9. Odd. I got ready for work and headed to the van.

I got in, set my breakfast on the center console, put my lunch bag in the passenger seat with my purse. Then started to take off my rain jacket to put over there as well. I look over and there's K9, coming up between the seats looking at me. I had put stuff in the van yesterday afternoon about 4 to take to daycare today. K9 must have jumped in then. He spent the night in the van.

I pick him up and bring him back inside. Make sure he's got plenty of food & water & go back to my van. It passes the sniff test, so he managed to wait for his litter box. I put the key in & everything came on. K9 had turned on my left blinker, windshield wipers, high beams, cruise control, fog lights, rear defroster and turned down the volume on the radio and dimmed the lights on the dashboard. I'm lucky my battery wasn't dead. When I look in the middle row, I see he's taken the pillow from Paige's car seat & put it on the floor. The car seat was full of fur so I'm certain that's where he slept last night.

Crazy cats. I hope tonight is less eventful.

3 comments:

*Monica said...

what a beautiful picture. I love it.

K9's story has made my day, I was grumpy, but hearing that he turned on everything cracked me up.

C. Beth said...

Ha ha ha on K9's antics! And what a cool picture.

Steph said...

I love this story! I imagine him driving around town like Toonces picking up his feline friends. "Dude! I got the keys!"