Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Reality Bites

Jonah Lisa did a post (the link isn't showing, but click on "post") the other day. Then Caroline (click on her name) took up the idea. Now, I'll come out of the closet as well. Jonah Lisa said it best. What you see on my blog is a snapshot of something cute or funny. It's not what my life is really like. My life is a constant state of mess that I try to overcome. Or I ignore, it depends on my mood. So, tonight I come out of the closet. These pictures were taken less than 5 minutes ago.


As you can see, we have a small place. The kitchen on the left looks into the living room and dining area. The space between the couch & the bar belongs to Paige. Let's see what all you can find, shall we? Well, I spy Go Fish cards, 2 baby dolls, Ants in the Pants (Spongebob edition). I also see the box of tissue, Paige's sunglasses, assorted junk mail, the book I'm currently reading (Daddy's Girl by Lisa Scottoline) & my purse among other things on the ledge. Then there's a jacket or 2, Bob the Builder toys, a coat hanger & some of Paige's books. And a trash bag. I don't get that one. And did you notice I need to vacuum? I noticed. Instead I blog.

Now, on to the area between the couch & TV. Just ignore Ronnie's legs, he's watching a James Bond movie before cleaning the litter box.

This isn't as bad. Paige tends to confine most of her mess to the area behind the couch. In front of the TV is just a couple of toys, including her pink puter as she calls it. Then there's that large pile o books in front of the bookshelf. There's a few Diego toys under the coffee table. Overall, not too bad.

I could show you my 2 baskets of laundry that need to be folded. Well, 3 including what's in the dryer now. I could show you the pile of shoes I have, or that Paige has put hers away nicely like she's supposed to. Maybe one day I'll get brave enough to show you Ronnie's computer desk. It's not a pretty sight. It catches all the junk for all 3 of us.

I may not have the neatest house, but it's mostly clean. The bathroom is clean, and so is the kitchen. The garbage is taken out & the table wiped down. To me the rest is clutter and shows how we really do live on a daily basis. If you were to walk in right now I would be a little emberrased, but not enough to spend your whole visit cleaning. I would tell you like I tell others: Fisher Price is my decorator, and they love me.