Friday, August 7, 2009

Mommy Time

Ronnie took Paige to New Orleans for the night. They left early this morning and will be back tomorrow afternoon. Just a quick trip to visit some family. But it does give me some alone time. I got work at 3, as usual on Fridays. I came home and relaxed a bit, then made a menu for next week. I always hear about how bad WalMart is on Friday evenings. I just had to see for myself. I got my list together and decided to brave it.

It was funny! Now, I live in a shall we say, redneck kind of area. Toby Keith put out an album called White Trash with Money. These people don't have money, and the words white trash don't follow color lines, shall we say. There was a family having a reunion in the meat section. I heard one of them say they hadn't seen each other in almost 3 years. They should get out more. Once I got past them, I got stuck behind the overweight woman in the poorly fitting clothes and hair in curlers. I wish I could have sneaked a picture of her. I know you won't believe me otherwise. There was the couple dressed up to go out to WalMart. Oh, and the little Vietnamese woman in the 5 inch spiked heels & jeans. She still didn't come up to my chin and I'm only 5'5. There was the usual compliment of families with screaming kids. Time wise I was in and out of there in about 40 minutes. Not too bad for a grocery shopping trip. It was actually fun to watch everyone else pulling out there hair and trying to navigate through the aisles. What does that say for me that I find it amusing?

I came home, put away my groceries, relaxed, and had chips and dip for supper. I've played some video games, read, watched TV, and taken a bath. I gave myself a facial just before sitting down to blog. I'm enjoying my evening at home alone. In another hour or so I'll take an Ambien to knock myself out. My ultimate goal for this is to sleep late in the morning. Something I haven't done since January 23, 2006. The day Paige was born.

1 comment:

*Monica said...

sleep sleep sleep!