Monday, December 29, 2008

Sleep, Glorious Sleep!!

Remember my post a few days ago about Mommy being cranky? Well, let me say it wasn't pretty. Besides Paige being sick during the night for a couple nights in a row, Ronnie has been sick & snoring. Add to that his night job waking me up several times a night. Oh, and a side effect of a medicine I have to take is the dreams. It gives you these vivid, realistic dreams which make me wake up 3 or 4 times a night. Everything added together made Mommy not a happy Mommy. And we all know the saying "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." Yeah, it's true.

The past couple of nights Paige hasn't been throwing up during the night. Yeah! Ronnie hasn't had to work nights since last week. Two of the issues down. Finally, Ronnie's snoring & my side effect dreams. To combat those, I turn to another medicine, Ambien. We don't take it often, but when we do, watch out.

A couple of nights ago Ronnie slept on the couch & I took an Ambien. I got 10 hours of sleep straight. No waking up, no snoring, nothing. Then, because Ronnie has a been so tired from working 2 jobs, he took one the next night. I slept on the couch then. People walking in may have thought we had a fight or something. No, we just needed our sleep. Sometimes, in order to get the sleep we need, we have to sleep in separate beds. Or in our case, one of us in the bed, the other on the couch. I must say, we have a really comfy couch.

And now Mommy is happy, so we can all be happy.

4 comments:

*Monica said...

I don't think it is unromantic to sleep apart for good sleep. I think it is the sweetest thing you can do for a spouse...the gift of sleep!!!

I posted something for you to read, simpler terms. Thanks for caring.

Strange Mamma said...

I can't wait until I can sleep through the night again. It's been so long now, I don't even remember what that's like. We were so close until this move came up and now Asher's schedule is completely non-existent. I hope once we get to the UK we can get back to routine quickly...you know, after we all adjust to the 6 hour time difference. Ack!

Special K said...

When my husband is snoring, I go sleep on the couch. The family room is the warmest in the house! But it's the farthest from Sylvie aka "Mommy I need to go potty."

I'm glad you got some good sleep!

Unknown said...

Hey! I am so glad you are finally sleeping. I think next time I go to the doctor I am going to request something...except it is not ken snoring, but the dog and kids!! I know the weekend after Ken leaves my butt will not be getting off the couch all day except to eat and go to the bathroom. My reward to myself!!! Talk to you soon! Give paige a big kiss for me!! How did she like the gifts....yours went over really really well...!!
Love ya!