Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Whew!

Finally. Exams are over. I'm free!!! Well, until I take the next class. After discussing it with Ronnie I will take that class over the summer, not in the next term. It'll be tax season and I just don't want the added stress of class on top of that.

Now that class is over I have all this free time on my hands. Yeah, right. I wish. We're having a decorating contest at work. I've been a crafting fool since Sunday to get ready for it. We're decorating tomorrow. I'll take some pictures and blog about it tomorrow evening. I think you'll be impressed. Just a taste- we made a snowman. He's about 5'5 or so. Just wait. You'll love it!

On a sad note, my sister in law, Connie, lost her cat last month. We knew Dave had been sick. He had a nice going out party & burial. Hey, they live in New Orleans, everything is a party. We got a lovely card in the mail yesterday. It looked like a Christmas card, only with Dave's vital information on the front, and a full obituary on the back. Leave it to Connie to come up with something like that. That's definitely another post once I get it scanned. Dave was 17 years old. He had a pretty good life.

With the holidays fast approaching there's commitments out the butt. Paige and I will be in the Christmas parade on Saturday. Sunday afternoon is Ronnie's Christmas party at work. Thankfully, all Christmas shopping is done. I don't have another gift to buy. I have plenty to wrap, but nothing left to buy. I asked Paige what she wants Santa to bring. She said a pink present. I need to go get some pink wrapping paper now. Santa usually doesn't wrap gifts, but he may need to this year.

I still have a few projects to finish up craft wise. I need to put together the goody bags for her classmates. Then I need to do the bags for her teachers. Their gifts are made, except for the chocolate covered pretzels. I just need to put everything together in bags & put names on them. Making the bags for all of the classmates will take more work. I'm looking forward to time to relax, read & blog. I just need to figure out when that time is!

I'm glad to be back. I will be much more regular with my postings now. Thanks for bearing with me during finals. It was only one test, but it was a really hard one. Monica, I didn't forget that you tagged me. I'll blog that before the end of the week.

3 comments:

*Monica said...

I am so sorry to hear about the cat. I love cats and hate for anyone to loose a pet. And I am so glad you are done with exams!

C. Beth said...

You are just...amazing. I don't know how you do it all (unless you have more than 24 hours in your day??)

SciFi Mama said...

Thanks, Beth! I still only have 24 hours in a day. And I devote at least 7 of them a night to sleeping. I can multi-task with the best of them.