Thursday, June 19, 2008

Crappy Computers

I missed half a day of work yesterday because of a doctor's appointment. So, I went in half an hour early today to make up some of the time. I get in at 7:30 to be told the computers are down. Great. Tech says it will be 15 to 20 minutes. No problem. We sit around, drink our morning coffee and kill about 30 minutes. Tech finally calls back. The problem is FIRM WIDE. That means not only our office in Mobile, but all 4 offices in Mississippi, both offices in Tennessee, and the office in Arizona. Great. It's an issue with AT&T. It will be at least 10 before it's fixed. They send us home.

I decide to go to the grocery store now for supper instead of after I pick Paige up this evening. I had just pulled into Bruno's when my phone rings. It's the office manager saying now it will be at least 11. And, they've moved the baby shower/ lunch to tomorrow to help compensate. I get my stuff for dinner and head home. I've spent a couple of hours playing video games. I should have been doing something around the house, but I just couldn't help myself. It was a rare treat to have a few hours alone during the day.

The thing is, I have to call at 11 to see if the computers are even back up! Jeannie, our office manager, hasn't called back so I know they aren't up. She said she would call or send a text if they came up earlier. Looks like this day is shot, work-wise. Since I've lost at least 3 hours of pay due to AT&T's issue, can I deduct that from my AT&T bill? I didn't think so, but I'm tempted!

No comments: