Friday, June 20, 2008

I came out of the closet

The blogging closet that is. I didn't tell Ronnie about my blog until tonight. I don't know why. It's just been something I've been doing while he was occupied doing other things. I never set out to hide it from him, I just never brought it up. You may wonder why I picked now to come out of the closet. Well, it's Caroline's fault.

See, it started about a month ago. She asked for help with good ribs. I asked Ronnie if I could reveal his secret. He said yes. I gave her the secret recipe and some of his special seasoning: Elvis Mojo. She tried it. And loved it. In fact, she blogged about it. Check out Cheaper by the Half Dozen on the side over there. Go ahead, right click, open in new window. I'll wait.

Back? Good. Well, you'll see she mentioned putting it in a burger. I opened my mouth. See, he makes this amazing burger. I call it the Meatloaf Burger; he calls them Elvis burgers. They rock. I once again offered a recipe. Problem is I had to ask for it. He asked if I would be posting it on our Mommy board. I told him no. I then came clean on the blog.

Ronnie has read my blog, and he liked it. In fact, he said he might like to post some too. You may start seeing things from a hubby's point of view. First up: Meatloaf Burger Recipe. Maybe I can talk him into doing a recipe or kitchen tip once a week. He is pretty handy in the kitchen.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

S'okay Angie, I still have one or two kids that I haven't told Curt about.

But now, I'm down on my knees, begging shamelessly for Elvis burger recipe and for weekly tips from the master. :0)

C. Beth said...

LOL, Caroline, with a houseful, don't you hit a point where you don't really notice a difference when you add a couple more, anyway?

Looking forward to Chef Elvis' posts!

Kristi said...

Haha, Caroline!

And Angie...Yes, please!! Bring on the Chef Elvis recipes and tips. I'll take all the culinary help I can get! :)