Friday, July 18, 2008

Kitty Update

I think our cats will need therapy. Lots and lots of therapy. Paige is so rough with them. The rule is she can only hold them on the couch. No problem for Paige. She just grabs a kitty and heads to the couch. No matter how many times we explain that she has to sit on the couch first she still does the same thing. She also likes to hit and kick the cats. Not that she actually connects with the cat, but it's the principle of the thing. She has spent more time sitting in her room than ever.

All of that being said, R2 is a freak. The rougher she is with him the more he purrs! He loves all of the attention from her. She knows that purring means the cat is happy, which makes it harder to get her to stop. His eyes are weird too. When I was a kid I had a cat named Smart Oyster (I don't know, I was 3.) Smart Oyster had 1 blue eye and 1 green eye. After about 2 or 3 days of having the cats Ronnie told me that R2's eyes were blue and green. I thought he meant like Smart Oyster. Nope. R2's left eye is half blue, half green, right down the middle. Like, looking at his left eye the left side is blue, the right side is green. I've tried to get a picture but it hasn't worked. I'll keep trying.

If the kittens survive Paige, they may not survive me. They like to sleep with me. That wouldn't be a problem if they actually slept. They like to run around the bed. The more I throw them off the bed the more they think it's a game. They do finally settle down to sleep about 4 am. Usually on top of my head. Both of them, on top of my head. I haven't slept well in over a week, and I'm cranky! Last night was the worst. They woke me up about every hour playing in the bed.

After all is said and done therapy for the cats should be pretty cheap. I can get a bag of organic catnip for about $5. Apply some liberally to their favorite areas, and we should be good to go.

No comments: