Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Christmas Goody Bags

I've been working on my Christmas goody bags off and on since August. I'm close to being finished with the contents. I don't want to do the actual bags until closer to Christmas. I'm putting each child's name on the bag, and someone could leave. It's rare to see someone leave our daycare, but it could happen. I did 2 bags to show, 1 boy & 1 girl. I used names that I'm sure will still be there at Christmas: Paige & Jude, her "boyfriend".

Each bag includes a Christmas koosh ball necklace (thanks, Grammy), a candy cane ornament, & a zipper pull made with Christmas beads. Girls are also getting a gingerbread man lip gloss holder. Boys will be getting a Frosty in sleigh ornament instead. Each bag is decorated with their name and stickers. After putting everything in I close the bag with ribbon with jingle bells. There's a "From Paige" tag on each bag as well. Except for the bags themselves, everything else has been made just for this. I even made the tags with my scrapbooking supplies!

Here's a girl bag:


And a boy bag:


I haven't trimmed down the edges of the zipper pulls yet. The plastic cording is still curved. I'm going to hang them so they can straighten out. Once they've been tied extra tight, I'll trim down the excess.

Once again, this was all pretty thrifty. These are more than my Halloween bags. The girl bags cost $1.37 a bag, and the boys were $1.62. I was able to buy most of these things back in March on a great clearance sale. The boys ornaments were more of an afterthought & I had to pay full price, that's why there's a difference. Overall, I think I did pretty well though. And there's definitely still time for everyone else to get working on their goody bags!

4 comments:

C. Beth said...

So cute...you're making me want to enroll Chickie into daycare, just so I have a group of kids to make goodie bags for. :)

Maybe I could do a little Christmas open house for my mom's group instead! Or a cookie exchange! Yeah, I'm totally getting that put on the calendar. Goodie bags, here I come!!! :-D

SciFi Mama said...

Glad I could inspire you to goody bag. They are so much fun to do. I love shopping for the good bargains, making the items, planning everything. I think they'll go over pretty well too.

*Monica said...

You have inspired me but I have nobody to goodie bag for!?!?

SciFi Mama said...

Beth is creating people to goody bag for. I'm sure you can come up with someone! It's a lot of fun.