Friday, October 10, 2008

Girls night in

Ronnie has been home with us the past 3 nights. That's almost unheard of with his new job. It's been really, really nice. He would pick Paige up from daycare, fix dinner, then hang out with us the rest of the night. Paige has loved having Daddy home at night.

This was our first night with him back working nights. I was prepared for a harsh evening of temper tantrums. What did I get? A great, relaxing, fun evening! As I was cooking supper Paige announced she needed her toes painted. I told her after her shower I would paint toes. It was time for a bath, and she really wasn't dirty, so I let her skip her shower tonight. That's a rare treat! We went straight to toe painting. Paige picked out a very pink from OPI bought special for her. As I finished the toes she asked me to paint fingers.

By the time our evening was done she had pink fingers & toes, was wearing coconut lip gloss, had apple spray in our hair, and coconut-lime verbena body mist from Bath & Body Works. Paige smells very good right now. She finished off the evening with a cup of milk, while watching Bob the Builder before bed. All in all, a very good night.

1 comment:

C. Beth said...

What an awesome night. I need to give in and paint Ana's toenails. Maybe then she'll stop trying to do it herself with markers.