Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

Yesterday was Paige's party at school. The cups I made were a huge success. All the kids loved them and the parents kept asking where I find the time. I don't know. Really, I don't. Everyone loved her little costume. Tonight we are going trick or treating with Nikki and her family. I think she said there will be about 30 of us total. Should definitely be a good time!

About 2 weeks ago now we took Paige to the pumpkin patch.


She had to test sit the pumpkins to try them! We came home with 2, one for her and one for Daddy. We used the Playskool Mr. Potato Head pumpkin kits to do our pumpkins. That way Mommy didn't have to clean out all the junk inside. These are supposed to push into the pumpkin, but they are safe for ages 2 and up, so they are blunt points. How do you get them into the pumpkin you ask? Find the wine corkscrew you haven't used in years. It makes the perfect size hole!

Daddy has a pirate, Paige got a monster. I had to do a pumpkin for work. We had a pumpkin decorating contest. I got the idea from a magazine, and took it a bit further. So, presenting my Burger & Fries:

I used felt to make a burger patty (2 brown pieces glued together) & to make lettuce, tomato, pickles, cheese & onions. I cut the pumpkin in half and glued halves of pistachio shells to the top to make sesame seeds. Ronnie used yellow construction paper to make giant fries, and alternated red foam & felt to make the pile of ketchup. They'll announce the winner of the competition today, but I took the day off from work.

Our weened will be spent at the Peter Anderson Festival in Ocean Springs. It's a great 2 day arts & crafts show. My parents set up a booth to sell Moms jewelry & the children's clothes she makes. This year she's debuting her ribbon skirts. Super adorable. I'll have to post a picture of Paige wearing hers. I may not post Halloween pictures until next week, so forgive me, please! I'm spending the weekend away from home.

2 comments:

C. Beth said...

Your pumpkin is AWESOME. I smell a winner....

*Monica said...

The pumpkins are adorable. All of them!